Carrot zucchini noodles
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1,5 tablespoon peanut butter (or other types of nut butter)
- 1-1,5 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- juice of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 medium sized carrots
- 1/2 a zucchini
- 2 tablespoons groundnut or sunflower oil
- 1 hand of bimi, chopped
- 1 bok choy, chopped
- 1 big hand shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 hand mange-tout (or sugar snaps), trimmed and in chunks
- 1 hand salted peanuts or cashews
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
For 2 persons:
Make the sauce first.
In a medium bowl, add the sesame oil, nut butter, honey, soy sauce, lime juice and the grated ginger. Whisk until well combined. The peanut butter should completely break down to create a smooth sauce. Taste if the sauce needs more of one of the above ingredients.
Spiralize the carrot and zucchini and set aside.
Heat up the oil in a wok on high heat. Add the bimi and sauté for a few minutes. Then, add the bok choy and mange tout and add the ketjap manis and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Veggies are ready when they are cooked firm to the bite (al dente). Add the veggie noodles to the mixture until it has warmed up a bit but make sure they stay firm. Serve with the nut sauce, cilantro (optional) and some chopped salted peanuts for the crunch!